Protein is important for building and maintaining muscle. The more muscle your body has, the more calories it'll automatically burn during the day.
Here are the best protein sources as recommended by Fit as Hel coach Erika Helsinki:
- All meat & fish
- Eggs (egg whites will provide you with loads of protein and virtually no fat)
- Dairy products (fromage frais, cottage cheese, quark, 1% milk, Greek yoghurt and mozzarella are my favourites)
- Tofu (great for vegans and vegetarians)
- Nuts and seeds (also packed with quality fats)
- Whey protein (low in calories, great after a workout if you don't have access to food)