Read about people'e experiences during the BLOGfIT Project trial in January 2014:
- Insane fat loss success, gym goer: http://enikosfitnessblog.wordpress.com
- Norwegian chick who runs for charity: http://vikingsfit.blogspot.co.uk/
- Blogfitter in Australia: http://runfasterdotme.wordpress.com
- Jeannie's fitness journey has been featured in the Fit as Hel blog too! http://jhchallenge.wordpress.com
- A Finnish mother living in the UK: http://blogfitherron.wordpress.com
- Mum with two kids, a dog and a husband: http://katjamamma.wordpress.com
- A yoga chick's blog: http://movingbreathing.wordpress.com
- A fit chick's BLOGfIT journey: http://getfitsofia.wordpress.com
- The "yes man" who unfortunately finished the project early: http://roryfalconer.wordpress.com/
- The one who travels a lot with work. Great progress, but finished the project early also. http://princewor.wordpress.com
Well done guys and thank you so much for taking part in the trial round of an amazing project!!
--Anyone interested in doing the BlogFit project too will receive a 4 week home training plan and a personalised nutrition plan. Please get in touch for more details.--
Eniko is an inspiration to us all. She comes to my gym classes, completed the BlogFit Project and is a Fit as Hel online member.
Her fat loss journey has only lasted for a few months in total and she's gained insane results so far. Something that really stuck to my mind is her saying she feels like she's bouncing when walking now because of how 'light' she's become. That must be an amazing new experience.
Eniko does it all right - enough of exercise (but not too much), an active lifestyle (albeit a stressful job) and a healthy diet as part of her lifestyle.
Read her blog here and encourage her on her journey!
"I'm a big woman and I've got 30+ kg to lose. I'm determined and now taking part in the Blogfit Project. My only concern is that my skin will become saggy. I have a friend lost around 30 kgs and now she says she used to be happier when she didn't have all that loose skin, caused by the weight loss."
1. Your friend will have lost that weight too quickly. That's bad, unless she's preparing for a tummy tuck. Aim for a maximum of 1 kg loss each week.
2. Bad news: Losing that much weight can indeed result in saggy skin, even if the weight is lost gradually and in a healthy way. Especially with age your skin will become less elastic and such incredible weight loss will probably never leave your body without evidence of it having happened.
3. Exercise. This can dramatically lessen your concerns. Increase in muscle tone will result in a more shapely you and helps you lose weight in a healthy way. Besides, it'll automatically make your body burn more calories than before.
4. Question: Would you rather be normal weight and live 20 years longer or stay at your current weight and die young? Even losing a bit of excess weight can significantly contribute towards your better health.
You've got kids, and I'm sure they'd love to have you around for longer. Just saying.