This week we're playing "twelves"!
So... Start at one repetition per exercise, then two, then three, then four of each...until you've completed 12 of each exercise! Please also post your time on our Fit as Hel: Community Facebook group :-).
Here are the exercises for this week:
1. Squat thrust
2. Push up
3. Sit up
4. Jump squat
Aim to do two sets per day, completing this training regime three times during the week.
Here's your gym program for February -- enjoy :-)
1. Warm up at low/medium intensity for 5-10 mins to get a sweat on
2. 3x10 - BB squat – slow on the way down, explosive when pushing up
3. 2x8 - Cable incline press – set the cables at hip height, push to eye level
4. 2x8 - Cable decline press - set the cables above your head, push down
5. 3x15 - Cable row – imagine squeezing your shoulder blades hard together every time
6. 2x8 (each side) - Lunge - Med/heavy weight dumbbell in each hand
7. 3x10 - DB shoulder press – point your elbows slightly forward
8. 2x 10 - Lat pull down - wide grip (hands beyond the curves of the bar)
9. Cardio: 15 minute run (treadmill on a slight incline/outside). 30 second sprint 1 min jog. Repeat until 15 minutes are full.
Notes: The weights used in resistance training should be so heavy that you’re close to failing by your last repetition.
• Sets x reps – exercise – notes
Any questions, as always, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
This week's exercises:
1. Jump squat
2. Push up (wide grip)
4. Sit up
Round 1) 5 reps of each exercise
Round 2) 10 reps of each exercise
Round 3) 15 reps of each exercise
Round 4) 10 reps of each exercise
Round 5) 5 reps of each exercise
No rest between rounds.
Complete the routine twice in a workout. First set should be slow and controlled, the second as fast as possible. Time your second set and let us know what your time was!
This week's workout should be done at moderate intensity with each exercise lasting for 30 seconds (no rest in between). Complete the full round of exercises in the listed order, rest for 90 seconds and repeat (altogether two sets).
- Mountain climbers
- Jumping jacks
- Push-up jacks
- Squat thrusts
- High knee still sprint
Overall workout duration: 7 min 30 sec
If you've got any questions or comments, please post them in our Fit as Hel: Community Facebook group.
Complete this circuit 3 times, trying to do it as fast as you can. Record your times and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win!
10 mountain climbers
10 push ups
10 squat jumps
10 sit ups
Happy workouts & remember to warm up :-)