Welcome to Foodswaps, where we present everyday favourites with a healthy twist, which are cheap and easy to cook.
The ingredient of the week is courgette (zucchini). Courgettes are very low on calories (only 27 kcal/100g), are filling and contain Vitamin A, which is important for growth and development, for the maintenance of the immune system and good vision!
Try our Courgette Bolognese – courgette gives richness to the sauce and you will need less pasta to fill up.
Sounds delicious! And you can use this sauce in a variety of forms! Serve it with:
- Pasta of your choice! Cook a handful according to the instructions on the packet.
- Mix the sauce and the pasta, put in an ovenproof dish, put some fresh mozzarella cubes on top, bake it until the mozzarella turns golden brown, and there is your pasta bake.
- Believe it or not, this sauce is also excellent with rice.
- This sauce also makes a beautiful jacket potato filling – try sweet potatoes: tasty, healthy and exciting!
- If you have any left over (but why would you? :)) you can make a Subway-style sandwich from it. Carve out the fluffy inside of the baguette or bread bun of your choice and fill it with your sauce and grill it!
A portion of this sauce is only 276 kcal and contains 35g protein, and will only cost you about £2.50.