I have discovered the wonderful world of burgers, which are neither fast-food junk or gourmet, but dripping of grease!
This low-fat turkey burger is a great weekend dinner: 498 kcal and 34.5g protein (but a lot depends on the ingredients you choose).
- 100g turkey steak
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 gem lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp houmous
- herbs and spices of your taste
- 1 ciabatta roll
- Dry rub the turkey steak with your chosen herbs and spices (I like garlic salt, pepper, oregano and some chilli)
- Grill it (I usually use a griddle pan)
- Wash the gem lettuce and separate to leaves and slice the tomato
- Toast your bun, spread with houmous
- Assemble your burger: bun, lettuce leaves, tomatoes, turkey, avocado, bun
- Make a Chef's salad from the lettuce and tomatoes (adding some spring onions and cucumber?) you could not fit into the burger
- Always feel free to add more vegetables (maybe some cheeky mozzarella too ;))