Here’s a straightforward list of great protein sources for you, if you want to lose weight. Protein will help you lose weight because of its satiety factor (it’ll keep hunger at bay for longer) and it’ll also help you grow and maintain lean muscle.
- Meat (chicken, turkey [breast is lower in calories], beef, pork, lamb…)
- Seafood (oily fish like salmon, mackerel and sardines are great for health)
- Beans and pulses
- Eggs (if you’re trying to limit calories then egg whites are the way to go)
- Soy mince (and other soya products, but only if you’re vegetarian)
- Low fat dairy (natural yoghurt, cottage cheese, fromage frais….)
- Nuts and seeds
- Whey protein (this is pure protein if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet)
Please note that your meats should be fresh and NOT battered.