Eniko is an inspiration to us all. She comes to my gym classes, completed the BlogFit Project and is a Fit as Hel online member.
Her fat loss journey has only lasted for a few months in total and she's gained insane results so far. Something that really stuck to my mind is her saying she feels like she's bouncing when walking now because of how 'light' she's become. That must be an amazing new experience.
Eniko does it all right - enough of exercise (but not too much), an active lifestyle (albeit a stressful job) and a healthy diet as part of her lifestyle.
Read her blog here and encourage her on her journey!
I've told all my 1-to-1 clients recently to start up a blog on WordPress -- please let me know your URL even if you're not a private client and I'll follow you! It's a great idea to keep a blog on your fitness progress as it allows you to regularly reflect on your actions and choices.
I'll be publishing Blogfitters' blogs soon too so you can all read them!!
For now, join our Facebook community here and good luck on reaching your fitness goals!
Jeannie recently won a competition with the Fit as Hel online membership --> now she's taking part in the Fit as Hel BLOGfIT Project free of charge.
[BLOGfIT Project = following a personalised nutrition & training plan and blogging about the journey for 4 weeks]
She's already been an inspirational private client of mine for over a year. Biggest achievements for her have been
- Losing 2 stone
- Increased confidence
- Better flexibility
- Improved posture
- Much more lean muscle and
- Learning how to squat (this used to be impossible)!!
Jeannie is one of the most loyal clients I've ever had. She is super competitive (you'll notice this if you ever get to work alongside her!) and is a great asset to EHPT + Fit as Hel. Jeannie has been involved with pretty much every project we have ever ran --
- 1-to-1 PT (2012 -->)
- HIIT Bootcamp (2012-2013)
- 4 week Body Transformation Challenge early 2013
- Fit as Hel online membership (2013 -->)
- BLOGfIT Project trial (running now)
Not just that, I love how active she is in the community -- always commenting and encouraging others to do better.
THANK YOU, JEANNIE. And so her journey into better **everything** continues....
"I'm a big woman and I've got 30+ kg to lose. I'm determined and now taking part in the Blogfit Project. My only concern is that my skin will become saggy. I have a friend lost around 30 kgs and now she says she used to be happier when she didn't have all that loose skin, caused by the weight loss."
1. Your friend will have lost that weight too quickly. That's bad, unless she's preparing for a tummy tuck. Aim for a maximum of 1 kg loss each week.
2. Bad news: Losing that much weight can indeed result in saggy skin, even if the weight is lost gradually and in a healthy way. Especially with age your skin will become less elastic and such incredible weight loss will probably never leave your body without evidence of it having happened.
3. Exercise. This can dramatically lessen your concerns. Increase in muscle tone will result in a more shapely you and helps you lose weight in a healthy way. Besides, it'll automatically make your body burn more calories than before.
4. Question: Would you rather be normal weight and live 20 years longer or stay at your current weight and die young? Even losing a bit of excess weight can significantly contribute towards your better health.
You've got kids, and I'm sure they'd love to have you around for longer. Just saying.