Let's cut to the chase here.
The number one bodyweight exercise, if you want to lose weight (and especially body fat), is the squat. King squat.
Not only does it work the biggest muscle groups in your body, all at the same time (which increases the amount of calories your body burns at rest), but it also tones up your thighs, calves and butt like no other exercise.
The beauty about bodyweight exercises (when done with correct technique) is that you can do them anywhere, (pretty much) any time. And when done correctly, they'll shape up your body fast and give you the results you want.
Altering your squat (foot) position between wide and narrow helps your shape up all areas in your lower body evenly, and keeping your core tight and chest up makes it a full body exercise that'll effectively boost your metabolism.
Squat technique tips:
- Knees always stay in line with your toes throughout the move (don't let them bend in)
- Stick your bum back as if you were going to sit down on a seat behind you
- Weight stays on your heels/mid foot, never on your toes
- If your flexibility allows, go so slow your thighs are parallel with the floor (but remember previous tip)
- Keep your chest up and core tight (you should not be hunched over)
- Take a deep breath in as you start to lower down to a squat, and breath out as you're standing back up.
If you're just starting up with wanting to get fitter, practice your squat first by doing just 3 sets of 15 repetitions a day. Learn to control the move, pause at the bottom of the move for a second before standing up again.
Once you've nailed down the technique, move onto a killer tabata workout - and work your way up to being able to complete a full tabata set of squats with the following structure: 20 seconds constant squats -> just 10 seconds rest, repeated for 8 rounds. (Total: 4 minute super effective fat loss workout)
I can guarantee you'll get results within a week.
What are you waiting for? SQUAT!