I have discovered the wonderful world of burgers, which are neither fast-food junk or gourmet, but dripping of grease!
This low-fat turkey burger is a great weekend dinner: 498 kcal and 34.5g protein (but a lot depends on the ingredients you choose).
- 100g turkey steak
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 1 gem lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp houmous
- herbs and spices of your taste
- 1 ciabatta roll
- Dry rub the turkey steak with your chosen herbs and spices (I like garlic salt, pepper, oregano and some chilli)
- Grill it (I usually use a griddle pan)
- Wash the gem lettuce and separate to leaves and slice the tomato
- Toast your bun, spread with houmous
- Assemble your burger: bun, lettuce leaves, tomatoes, turkey, avocado, bun
- Make a Chef's salad from the lettuce and tomatoes (adding some spring onions and cucumber?) you could not fit into the burger
- Always feel free to add more vegetables (maybe some cheeky mozzarella too ;))
I like soups unless they are thick, heavy and creamy - in my opinion, those are sauces!
This quick and easy meatball soup recipe will blow your mind: it's simple, healthy and unbelievably filling.
Only 245 kcal per portion packed with 28g of protein.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 200g lean beef mince
- 1 egg
- 20g of flour of your choice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 200g frozen vegetable mix (cauliflowers, carrots and peas)
- 1 whole onion with the skin on
- 2 celery sticks, whole
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 l water
- Put the water in a saucepan on the hob to boil it
- Mix the mince, egg, flour, garlic and some salt thoroughly, and form walnut-sized balls - the mixture will be enough for about 16 meatballs
- Put the meatballs in boiling water. They are cooked when they float to the top.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add all the vegetables, spices and the stock cubes
- Bring it to the boil, reduce the heat, cover it, and cook for 30 minutes
- Serve it hot, maybe with some thin noodles
- Do not chop the onion - it is only needed for its taste, and it is easier to remove as a whole
- When the meatballs cook there might be some foam floating on top of the water. It is only some cooked meat-juice. You can remove it with a very small strainer if you wish.
- You can add other vegetables too. The variety of vegetables will make your soup taste even better!
- This amount will make 2 very generous, or 3 normal portions.
- It becomes even more tasty if you warm the leftover up the next day, however, it is not suitable for freezing.