Fats.... lovely fats. Including good fats in your diet is so important for your body to function properly. It also helps your body get rid of bad fats. I made a simple list of my favourite sources of good fats -- make sure to include some in your everyday diet.
- Oily fish (salmon, mackerel... great for your brain)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Nuts (not peanuts, nuts like walnuts, cashews, pistachios, almonds or hazelnuts)
- AVOCADO (the best possible types of fats found in nature... Eat your guacamole)
- Nut butters
- Eggs (the yolk is super nutritious and the egg white provides loads of protein)
There you have it! Do you think there's anything missing from this list? Just comment below. You can also add yourself to my team's Facebook group for all fat loss nutrition and exercise related support xx
I'll make it as simple as possible, because it's not supposed to be complicated. Nutrition is a topic which often gets people confused - there's so much contradicting information out there, and advertisers are shoving all sorts of bullshit (on top of the good information) your way constantly. No, you don't need the latest fat loss pills, superfoods, supplements or bullshit shakes they make you believe are good for you (often quite the opposite, actually). So how are you supposed to know how to eat to be healthier and to aid fat loss as well as you can? I want to make things clear and straightforward, so here's a list of the things that'll guarantee you'll get better fat loss results from training, as well as nourish your body optimally. No starvation, no restrictions, no fad dieting. Ever.
- Minimum 2.5 litres of water daily (plus tea/coffee on top if you like)
- Protein with every meal
- Vegetables (or fruit/berries) with every meal
- Healthy fats every day (avocado/oily fish/nuts/extra virgin olive oil...)
- REAL food 80% of the time (you'll recognise real food by checking out the ingredient label in the supermarket. If there's a single ingredient in it, it's real food.)
Dedicate the next 2 weeks to following these principles. You'll notice just how easy it is to lead a healthier lifestyle. Note, that I'm saying REAL food 'just' 80% of the time?! That's right, you can have #naughtyfood freely, as long as it's not the basis for your diet. It means being able to eat chocolate and drink beer, guilt free, WHILST losing body fat.
[[More about the Freedom Diet here